This yoga pose for spinal cord strength has great benefits apart from strengthening spinal cord.
Hi 🙂 How is yoga going on? Hope you are enjoying yoga.
Today I am gonna discuss an asana which is very powerful in enhancing the spinal cord strength.
Practice this yoga pose after these:
- yoga for lower back— Never strain yourself while practicing nay yoga pose. Do only how much you can and how much time you can hold the pose. Never ever strain your body.
- Yoga for lower back, 2nd pose
- Third asana in sequence
- For spinal cord strength
- 2nd asana in sequence
One asana or yoga pose never give better results. You need to practice sequence of yoga asanas everyday to see better results.
Here is one more yoga pose called setu bandhasana which helps in spinal cord strength. This pose is also known as Bridge pose.
Benefits of setu bandhasana:
- It strengthens back and gives good stretch to neck, chest and hips too.
- It improves blood circulation and digestion.
- It gives relief from any menstrual disorders, menstrual pains and also from high blood pressure, asthma.
- It reduces thyroid problems.
- If you are feeling stress, anxiety and depression then you should definelty do this as this asana gives relief from all those as it calms your brain.
- It also helps in weight loss.
- Get your yoga mat and lie down flat on your back where your arms at your sides and palms facing down
- Now, bend your knees and keep your feet flat.
- Place your hips distance apart and parallel to each other.
- Bring your feet close to buttocks as much as you can, don’t overdo.
- Keep your arms at your sides and palms facing down.
- Now, inhaling, slowly lift your back as much as you can like in the above image.
- Support or balance your weight with arms, shoulders and feet.
- Feel the lifted up back and see that your thighs are parallel to each other.
- Lift your hips as high as possible. Don’t overdo you can slowly improve through practice.
- Take 10 normal breathings in this position.
- Exhaling, slowly come down and lie in a relaxed manner.
- Repeat this asana for 5 or 10 times.
Note: If you had recent neck injury and back injury, avoid this pose. If you had lumbar spinal fracture and if it happened 2 years ago, then you can do this pose as I could do comfortably. I started doing this after 1 and half years of my spine fracture. If you are suffering from chronic lower back pain, yes you should definelty do this every day.
If you have any queries or suggestions or any other, you can contact me.
A very unique and powerful yoga asana that strengthens spinal cord and helps in weight loss
Hi 🙂 How is yoga going on? I have been discussing several asanas for spinal cord strength and for lower back pain. Today I am going to discuss very unique and powerful yoga asana that strengthens not only back but also abdomen muscles and which can stimulate reproductive organs.
This asana is called Dhanurasana or Bow-pose
Practice this once you are comfortable in doing previous yoga asanas I discussed
What’s So Peculiar About This Asana?
- Are you feeling so stressed!!! this asana acts as a powerful stress reliever.
- Looking to enhance spinal cord strength? this asana gives greater flexibility for spinal cord.
- It is the perfect yoga asana for menstrual discomfort as it gives relief from all menstrual problems.
- It is highly recommended for the people who have diabetes.
- It also removes all stomach related disorders.
- If you are looking for weight loss and fitness, then this asana works miraculously in reducing weight.
- If you are struggling to reduce fat around your belly area, yes you should definelty do this daily along with other asana i mentioned.
- It stimulates reproductive system.
- It helps people who have kidney disorders in removing that problem.
- It keeps your digestive system healthy.
- It opens up neck, shoulder and chest muscles.
- It also tones leg and arm muscles.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It gives relief from lower back pain.
Well, its benefits are numerous..
Let’s start practicing.
- Get yoga mat and lie on your stomach, keep your feet and hip width apart and your arms by the side of your body.
- Now, fold your knees and hold your ankles like in the below image.
3. Inhaling in,slowly lift your chest off the ground and pull your legs up and back. (Lift as much as you can just like in the image above but don’t overdo)
4. Take 10 deep breathings. After practicing it regularly for 10 days, increase breath count to 20. (In this position, your whole weight of the body comes on your abdomen).
5. After 10 breathings, exhaling bring your legs and chest to the ground. Relax whole body and lie in your comfortable posture and take deep breathings.
6. Don’t overdo, this is very important. Don’t do beyond your capability. Do as much as you can. It will improve day by day through practice.
Warning: If you have abdominal surgery recently, avoid this asana. If you had spinal cord injury or fracture, then do this asana only after practicing the remaining asanas(that I discussed) for 2 months
If you have any doubts or suggestions or anything, you can contact me at any time.