Hi 🙂 How is yoga going on? I have been discussing several asanas for spinal cord strength and for lower back pain. Today I am going to discuss very unique and powerful yoga asana that strengthens not only back but also abdomen muscles and which can stimulate reproductive organs.
This asana is called Dhanurasana or Bow-pose
Practice this once you are comfortable in doing previous yoga asanas I discussed
What’s So Peculiar About This Asana?
- Are you feeling so stressed!!! this asana acts as a powerful stress reliever.
- Looking to enhance spinal cord strength? this asana gives greater flexibility for spinal cord.
- It is the perfect yoga asana for menstrual discomfort as it gives relief from all menstrual problems.
- It is highly recommended for the people who have diabetes.
- It also removes all stomach related disorders.
- If you are looking for weight loss and fitness, then this asana works miraculously in reducing weight.
- If you are struggling to reduce fat around your belly area, yes you should definelty do this daily along with other asana i mentioned.
- It stimulates reproductive system.
- It helps people who have kidney disorders in removing that problem.
- It keeps your digestive system healthy.
- It opens up neck, shoulder and chest muscles.
- It also tones leg and arm muscles.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It gives relief from lower back pain.
Well, its benefits are numerous..
Let’s start practicing.
- Get yoga mat and lie on your stomach, keep your feet and hip width apart and your arms by the side of your body.
- Now, fold your knees and hold your ankles like in the below image.
3. Inhaling in,slowly lift your chest off the ground and pull your legs up and back. (Lift as much as you can just like in the image above but don’t overdo)
4. Take 10 deep breathings. After practicing it regularly for 10 days, increase breath count to 20. (In this position, your whole weight of the body comes on your abdomen).
5. After 10 breathings, exhaling bring your legs and chest to the ground. Relax whole body and lie in your comfortable posture and take deep breathings.
6. Don’t overdo, this is very important. Don’t do beyond your capability. Do as much as you can. It will improve day by day through practice.
Warning: If you have abdominal surgery recently, avoid this asana. If you had spinal cord injury or fracture, then do this asana only after practicing the remaining asanas(that I discussed) for 2 months
If you have any doubts or suggestions or anything, you can contact me at any time.