Yoga is undoubtedly a great medicine for almost all kinds of diseases. Bhujangasana and all it’s variations has a powerful impact in giving relief from chronic lower back pain.
It helps in strengthening of vertebral column. Before doing this yoga asana, the previous bhujangasana variations has to be done in order .
Benefits of Bhujangasana:
Both asanas shows a tremendous effect in giving complete relief from chronic lower back pain, removes spinal cord disorders.
- It tones the abdomen.
- It improves the functionality of digestive system.
- It improves flexibility of the upper and middle back.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It frees you from stress,anxiety and depression.
- It removes all respiratory disorders.
- It stimulates function of the kidneys, liver.
- It helps in weight loss, removes fat in stomach area.
- It enhances the lungs functionality.
- It removes problems related to uterus and ovary.
- It gives relief from sciatica and asthma.
- Wear comfortable clothes, get the yoga mat and lie down on the floor on your stomach with your toes flat on the floor and forehead resting on the ground.
- Keep your legs close together, with your feet and heels lightly touching each other.
- Place your hands (palms downwards) besides your chest. Head should rest on the ground.
- Inhaling, slowly lift up your head, chest and abdomen, thighs and arms as high as possible and look up. Keep your lower part of the legs (i.e; from knee cap to feet) on the floor.
- Bend your spine back as much as you can. Face looking up.
- Take 10 normal breathings in this position. keep you consciousness on lower spine.
- Breathing out, Slowly come down and place your hands, abdomen, chest and head in comfortable position. Relax. you can also place your hands under your head like a pillow and rest your head on one side.
- Take deep breathings.
- Don’t overdo, don’t strain. Practice in a relaxed manner. If you feel any discomfort, relax and take deep breathings.
Note: It can be done by those who had lumbar spinal cord injuries also. I had lumbar spinal fracture and underwent 2 times surgery. I started practicing all these after 15 months of fracture incident. I see good improvement. So, want to help others too in recovery. If any doubts while doing, please contact me.
Never expect immediate results. It will take time to heal. All you need is patience and perseverance. For some it will heal in months and for some in years. But if you practice yoga regularly every single day, I can give 100% assurance that you will be healthy for life long. But doing it in proper way and regularly is very important.
If you are practicing all the asanas I discussed in sequence for sure you will see some changes in the body. I observed pain reduction on my back and ankle region after 1 month of practice itself. I would really love to hear from you. If any improvements you saw or any suggestions please leave a comment and share your love
If you have any doubts while doing asana, please leave a comment or you can contact me here..