Everyone faces lower back pain at some point in their life. However, the reasons for lower back pain varies from person to person. Apart from spinal cord injury and fracture, If you lift anything wrong way also, it impacts spinal cord. If lower back pain becomes chronic and if it’s neglected, then it leads to arthritis.
Lower back pain is more
- When a person crosses age 30
- When a person becomes over-weight
- When a woman is pregnant.
- When a person doesn’t exercise.
- When a person is stressed and depressed
- When a person smokes extensively.
However, the lower back pain severity ranges from person to person. For some it is mild, for some it is unbearable, for some it is damn severe that they can’t move. Based on the severity of lower back pain, it impacts legs, hips and foot also. So, one small damage to spinal cord affects entire health.
So, it’s very important to give proper exercise to spinal cord to prevent from lower back pain.
Who Should Avoid This Pose? Pregannt woman, a person who had operations in stomach area recently should avoid doing this yoga pose.
Benefits of Bhujangasana:
- Both asanas shows a tremendous effect in giving complete relief from chronic lower back pain.
- It removes all spinal cord disorders.
- It improves the functionality of digestive system.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It frees you from stress,anxiety and depression.
- It removes all respiratory disorders.
- It helps in weight loss.
- It removes fat in belly area.
- It enhances the lungs functionality.
- It removes problems related to uterus and ovary.
- It gives relief from sciatica and asthma.
- Wear comfortable clothes, get the yoga mat and lie down on the floor on your stomach with your toes flat on the floor and forehead resting on the ground.
- Keep your legs close together, with your feet and heels lightly touching each other.(Look the image above).
- Place your hands (palms downwards) besides your chest and head should rest on the ground.
- Taking a deep breath in, slowly lift your head, chest and abdomen but keep your navel on the floor.
- Bend your spine back as much as you can. face looking up.
- Take 10 normal breathings in this position. keep you consciousness on lower spine.
- Breathing out, Slowly come down and place your hands, abdomen, chest and head in comfortable position. Relax. you can also place your hands under your head like a pillow and rest your head on one side.
- Take deep breathings.
- Don’t overdo, don’t strain. Practice in a relaxed manner. If you feel any discomfort, relax and take deep breathings.
If you are practicing all the asanas I discussed in sequence for sure you will see some changes in the body. I observed pain reduction on my back and ankle region after 1 month of practice itself. I would really love to hear from you. If any improvements you saw or any suggestions please leave a comment and share your love 🙂
If you have any doubts while doing asana, please leave a comment or you can contact me here