This is the continuation to Makarasana 1st variation. All these makarasana variations I discuss helps in giving relief from lower back pain and also gives strength to spinal cord, releases tensions. It gives your back some rest and relaxation.
All these Makarasana variations and the coming up asanas that I am going to discuss kicks out your stress, depression and anxiety, apart from giving relief from chronic and severe back pain.
Makarasana and Bhujangasana has miracle healing powers in giving relief to back muscles.
Benefits of Makarasana variations:
- It removes indigestion and fatigue problems.
- It gives relief from lower back pain.
- It heals spondylitis, sciatica pains and lung disorders, respiratory problems.
Caution: If you had severe neck injury, don’t do this asana.
For those who had spinal cord injuries, don’t wear any spine belt for this asana as you will be in lying position.
- Get yoga mat and lie down on the stomach with the forehead on the floor.
- Keep your feet together with the tops of them against the floor.
- Then lift up your head and chest from the ground.
- Bend the arms at the elbows such that elbows are resting on the mat.
- Now, slowly move your elbows close to the stomach. (as much as you can, don’t over strain….this is very important)
- Touch your cheeks with your palms and look down. Close your eyes.
- Take 10 normal breathings in this pose.
- If you can’t take 10 breathings in this pose for first time, take atleast 5 breathings. Don’t worry, slowly it will improve on practice. Slowly try to increase up to 20 breathings. This comes through practice.
- While breathing, keep your consciousness on your lower spine.
- After 10 breathings, relax your arms in a comfortable position, widen your legs.
- Completely relax and take deep breathings
- Repeat this asana for 6 times.
Breathing pattern: Take normal breathings in the pose. Once relaxed take deep breathings.
Imp: If you feel dizzy or any kind of discomfort, lie on yoga mat in a relaxed manner.
If you any doubts while doing any asana, please contact me. Anything you want to suggest or say also, please leave a comment. I will reply to all 🙂