Hi, this is the 2nd variation of Neck Movement. practice this after variation 1.
Do these Neck movements after elbow stretch variations I discussed earlier.
Hope you are following sequentially.
This yoga asana can be done at any time, be it in office, park and anywhere else. It’s good if you can do this in vajrasana or any sitting posture you are comfortable with. In yoga, this asana is called Greeva Sanchalana (Neck movements).
Benefits of doing Neck movements include stimulating nerves of different organs which pass through the neck. As all the nerves which connects the body organs pass through the neck, these Neck movement asanas release stress and stiffness in the head, neck, and shoulder region.
Caution: For those with spinal cord injuries or fractures, please wear spine belt and practice all these Asanas. If not, no need to wear. If you can sit on floor then do with yoga mat or else you can do in wheel chair too. If you have severe migraine problem or under medical diagnosis then don’t do this.
One thing to be recalled everyday. Just because you couldn’t see improvement in 3 days, don’t stop doing. I saw good improvements after practicing 1 month. yes, it is slow but it works and it eliminates all side-infections that comes through the usage of medicines and injections.
You know, I got several infections because of medicines and injections that were given to me during my spinal cord injury. It was hell when ever I had to go to bathroom.
But now, I surpassed all those side infections and recovering good.
So, my dear friends. Be it a lower back pain, knee joint pains, Neck pain, spinal cord injury and any other health issue Never Ever Give Up. Our only goal is 100% health. Health is wealth.
- Sit in padmasana pose or vajrasana pose which ever is comfortable to you. Usually vajrasana pose is not recommended especially who had spinal cord injuries or fracture. Don’t over strain which ever is comfortable, sit in that pose.
- Keep your spinal chord and neck straight.
- Close your eyes, make a fist with thumb pointing sideways and place on your thighs.
- Concentrate on your neck.
- Keep your eyes closed and inhale easy.
- Exhaling, bend your neck towards the left shoulder.
- Inhaling get back in the original position.
- Exhaling out bend your neck towards the right shoulder.
- This is the first cycle.
- Repeat this exercise for ten times.
- While doing so, do mental counting and keep your awareness on breathing.
Breathing pattern: Inhale center.
Exhale while bending the neck in left and right direction.
Imp: Synchronize with your breathings while doing these asanas. otherwise it’s of no use.
Once you are done with this variation. Practice this neck movement variations too to get relief after a long desk work.
Note: If you feel any discomfort while doing so, lie down for few minutes. Don’t over strain. Do relaxly and peacefully
If any doubts while doing asanas, please leave a comment or contact me. I will surely help you