Caution: For those with spinal cord injuries or fractures, please wear spine belt and practice all these Asanas. If not, no need to wear. If you can sit on floor then do with yoga mat or else you can do in wheel chair too.
Elbow Stretch Variation 5: Sideways
- Sit in padmasana pose or vajrasana pose which ever is comfortable to you. Usually vajrasana pose is not recommended especially who had spinal cord injuries or fracture. Don’t over strain which ever is comfortable, sit in that pose.
- Straighten the arms out sideways at shoulder height.The palms face up.
- Inhaling straighten the arms to the sides.
- Exhaling bend the arms and touch the shoulders with the fingertips.
- Repeat the 3 and 4 steps for 10 times.
- While doing so, do mental counting and keep your awareness on fingers.
Breathing pattern: Inhaling straighten the arms to the sides.
Exhaling bend the arms and touch the shoulders with the fingertips.
Note: If you feel any discomfort while doing so, lie down for few minutes. Don’t over strain. Do relaxly and peacefully