This is third variation in Elbow Stretch. All these asanas should be done in sequence. Don’t ever do randomly.This yoga asana, elbow stretch not only gives strength and pain relief to arm muscles, wrist pains but also benefits the upper part of the body(From head to spine).
If you practice this daily then you will get strength in wrist joints which helps in working for long hours without any stress and pain.
Elbow Stretch Variation 3: Fist Circling
- Sit in padmasana pose or vajrasana pose which ever is comfortable to you. Usually vajrasana pose is not recommended especially who had spinal cord injuries or fracture. Don’t over strain which ever is comfortable, sit in that pose.
- Raise the arms forward to shoulder height.
- Take a deep inhale .Close the fingers into fists with the thumbs inside.
- Breathing normally perform circling movements with the fists.
- During the entire exercise the arms remain stretched forward.
- Make 5 circling movements in each direction.
- Repeat the above step for 3 times.
- While doing so, do mental counting and keep your awareness on fingers.
Note: If you feel any discomfort while doing so, lie down for few minutes. Don’t over strain. Do relaxly and peacefully
Caution: For those with spinal cord injuries or fractures, please wear spine belt and practice all these Asanas. If not, no need to wear. If you can sit on floor then do with yoga mat or else you can do in wheel chair too.