Here is another variation in Elbow stretching technique. Practice this after the first variation, that I shared previously.
Elbow Stretch Variation 2: Flexing and Extending the Wrists
- Sit in padmasana pose or vajrasana pose which ever is comfortable to you. Usually vajrasana pose is not recommended especially who had spinal cord injuries or fracture. Don’t over strain which ever is comfortable, sit in that pose.
- Raise the arms forward to shoulder height.
- Take a deep inhale and move palms facing up. Stay there for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Exhale while moving palms facing down.
- During the entire exercise the arms remain stretched forward.
- Breathing normally, alternately bend the hands up and down from the wrists, keeping the fingers straight.
- Repeat the above step for 10 times.
- While doing so, do mental counting and keep your awareness on fingers.
Breathing pattern: Inhale while moving palms facing UP.
Exhale while moving palms facing DOWN.
Note: If you feel any discomfort while doing so, lie down for few minutes. Don’t over strain. Do relaxly and peacefully.
If you had a spinal injury and if you have trouble in moving your legs then you can start from this Elbow stretch variation-1 asana and traverse through next post starting from this post.
Caution: For those with spinal cord injuries or fractures, please wear spine belt and practice all these Asanas. If not, no need to wear. If you can sit on floor then do with yoga mat or else you can do in wheel chair too.
If any doubts, while practicing, please leave a comment below or you can contact me