Spinal cord is one of the main body parts. If something damage occurs, it effects entire body parts. It stops sending brain instructions to legs and make it paralyzed. If spinal cord is not healthy, it is highly discomfort to take even breath.
If lower back pains, it won’t allow to sit, walk and dance. To travel the world or to pursue dreams, health is more important than wealth. May be this is the reason, our ancestors said, Health is wealth.
I know how it feels as I have been suffering from terrible lower back pain after my spinal cord fracture. I am glad yoga is helping me a lot in recovery. So, wanted to help others too.
I discuss so many yoga poses exclusively for spinal cord strength and to get rid of lower back pain. I do discuss some yoga poses for knee joints, ankles, wrists, weight loss etc….Hope you are following with every post and practicing daily. You can mail me for any queries and I will be glad to help you.
Butterfly pose is one of the very crucial Asanas to cure lower back pain. I personally got benefited and so only sharing with all of you. One asana won’t cure all problems, it’s the sequence of yoga poses helps in getting relief from pains. All these Asanas has to be done in the same order. Doing in zigzag order is not recommended. So, follow the Asanas from first to till now in the same order I posted.
If you are suffering from severe lower back pain and knee joints pain, then this asana surely helps you in getting rid of that pain. Hope you are following from this Ankle rotation asana and practicing sequentially.
More Benefits of Butterfly pose:
- If you are suffering from irregular bowel movements, this asana works miraculously
- Apart from it to those who have menstrual disorders and discomfort can greatly benefit from it.
- It gives strength to stand and sit for long hours.
- For the ladies who are pregnant, doing this asana daily till the late pregnancy gives smooth delivery.
- It gives relief form sciatica pains.
- It strengthens the leg and thigh muscles.
Practice yoga in same timings everyday.
let’s see the process for the butterfly posee
- Sit straight on the floor with erect spine and bend your knees by bringing feet as close as possible. Try to touch the soles of your feet each other. (Like the above image)
- Hold your feet tightly with your hands.
- Now take a deep Inhale and place your hands on both feet.(Like in the above image)
- Exhaling move your knees up and down.
- Keep breathing normally and start flapping like a butter fly by bringing thighs up and down slowly. Start slowly and increase speed gradually.Remember, spine should be erect during the whole process. This is very important.
- Repeat the process for 50 times. While doing the process, do mental counting. Initially it’s not possible to do 50 times. Start with 10 and by practicing daily it goes automatically up to 50.
- Don’t overdo, do as much as you can. If you can do only 10 times then it’s okay. Don’t over strain. This is very important.
keep your awareness on upward and downward movement of the knees.
Poorna Titali Asana:
Process is same as above except that you need to bring knees little more up by bringing your feet close to pelvis and then start flapping knees up and down just like in the above process. Don’t over strain, do how much you can
Keep breathing normally while doing this exercise. Once finished, take deep breathings and relax. observe your internal changes.
Caution: If you had spinal injury and if you have trouble in moving your lower body then start from here.
If you have any suggestions or doubts or anything, you can contact me