Where ever the pain in the body part, it doesn’t allow to do work peacefully. In fact, it is highly impossible to concentrate on any thing if any body part is paining. So, it should be taken seriously and do necessary exercises to get rid of it. Yoga, no doubt it has miraculous power in healing any pain and almost most of the diseases.
Ankles bear the weight of the body. If ankles can’t bear the weight, it affects knee part of the body and then hips, slowly the pain spreads all over the body. After my ankle fracture, I experienced the same situation.
As I was bed-ridden for 1 year, I increased lot more weight and my ankles started spreading its pain love to all over my body.
The only one thing that gives me relief is yoga.
I discussed the yoga sequences that I practiced to get relief from ankle pains previously.
This yoga pose for ankles is extension to it.
Benefits of Ankle rotation:
- It strengthen ankle joints.
- It helps in increasing blood flow through your legs and feet.
- By daily practicing this ankle rotation yoga, your ankles will be less prone to injuries due to sprains.
- It helps in giving relief from arthritis if properly done along with other yoga sequence I mentioned.
Get the yoga mat and sit on it by resting your hands on back (like in previous asana)
- Sit with legs straight and the arms supporting the body behind the back. The fingers point backwards.
- Bend the left leg and place the left foot on top of the right thigh.
- With the left hand hold the left leg above the ankle and take hold of the toes of the left foot with the right hand.
- Breathing normally rotate the ankle for 10 times.
- Change the leg and repeat the exercise.
Breathing pattern: Inhale on the upward movement.
Exhale on the downward movement.
keep your Consciousness on feet and do mental counting.
Note: If you feel any discomfort while doing so, lie down for few minutes. Don’t over strain. Do relaxly and peacefully. If you had spinal injury and if you can’t move your legs then start from here. If you are suffering from severe lower back pain and knee joints pain, start from this Ankle rotation asana and follow sequentially.
If you have any doubts while performing any asana, you can always contact me