Kneecap contraction yoga is very effective in giving relief from mild pain as well as chronic knee joint pains.
Knee joint pains is one of the common problem that most of the people face it. Every person face knee joint pains at some point of time in life. There are several reasons for the knee joint pains.
For some knee hurts even when they go for a walk or climb stairs. Some feel pain when they sit for long hours.Usually the pain in knee region increases slowly. So, it is very important to give proper exercise to it.
If the pain is mild, for sure kneecap contraction yoga helps you but if it is highly severe that you are unable to bear and if the pain lasts for 24 hours, then consult doctor. After taking treatment for some days, you can do this yoga asana.
Even if you don’t experience any pain in knee joints, doing this yoga pose increases strength in the knee muscles. So, that in future too, you won’t face any problem.
Benefits of Knee Cap Contraction:
- Doing the regular practice of kneecap contraction helps not only in giving relief from knee joint pains but also strengthens thigh muscles.
- It prevents arthritis pain.
- If you are suffering from arthritis pain, then by daily practicing this kneecap contraction along with other asanas I mentioned will give you relief from pain. It slowly reduces excess fat in thigh and hips area too.
Fix Proper Timings:
As I said earlier in my post, practice yoga in a scheduled time daily. Never skip the allotted time you kept for yoga. Perseverance and determination are very important.
Before starting the yoga, it is highly advisable to fix the timings. I mean, at what time you want to do daily. The best time could be in early morning. I do from 7 to 8:15 daily. You can choose your convenient time.
If you want to start practicing in the morning, it is highly recommended to wash mouth and face.
Get the yoga mat and sit on it by resting your hands on back.
1. Set the legs little apart and straight. like this
2. Inhaling, Contract the muscle surrounding the right knee, drawing the kneecap back towards the thigh.
3. Maintain the contraction for 3 to 5 seconds. Hold the breath.
4. Exhaling, Release the contraction and let the kneecap return to its normal position.
5. Practice this for 10 times. While doing so, do mental counting and observe breathing pattern.
6. Repeat this with left kneecap for 10 times. Again with right kneecap for 10 times.
7. Then perform it with both the kneecaps together for 10 times.
Relax… normal breathings.
Breathing Pattern: Inhale while contraction and then hold the breath.
Relax the knee muscles while exhaling.
If you are suffering from severe lower back pain and knee joints pain, start from this Ankle rotation asana and follow sequentially.
If you had spinal injury and if you can’t move your legs then start from here.
If you have recent injury in knee cap region, avoid this pose.
If you have any doubts while performing any asana, you can always contact me. If you have any suggestions or any comments(positive or negative) or any request, you can mail me. I will reply to each mail 🙂
If you find this post helpful, please share. It may help others too.